Americans with Disabilities Act
- Review the current position description and determine the requested ADA accommodation based upon the essential functions of the job.
- Complete the ADA Request for Accommodation Form, to include information on your disability and the requested accommodation.
- Submit the completed ADA Request for Accommodation Form to the Office of Human Resources.
- Meet with HR to discuss the ADA accommodation request process.
- Have healthcare provider complete and submit ADA Medical Certification Form.
- Employee's Healthcare Provider Responsibilities
- Review the essential job functions based upon current position description attached to the ADA Compliance Form.
- Complete and sign the ADA Compliance Form and return to employee or mail to:
Texas A&M University - Texarkana
Office of Human Resources
7101 University Ave
Texarkana, Texas 75503
- Human Resources Responsibilities
- Provide confirmation of receipt of the request for accommodation.
- Communicate with the employee regarding the ADA accommodation request process.
- Provide and explain the ADA Request for Accommodation Form and the ADA Compliance Form to employee.
- Review the completed ADA Request for Accommodation Form and the ADA Compliance Form, and determine:
- If the individual has a disability as defined by the ADA;
- Whether or not the requested accommodation is reasonable;
- Whether or not the requested accommodation will enable the applicant/employee to meet the essential functions of the job;
- If the applicant/employee is a qualified person with a disability; and
- Whether or not there are other reasonable accommodations that are equally effective.
- Notify the employee in writing of the determination.