Blackboard Computer Requirements
Minimum Computer Requirements for Online Learning:
- A computer with enough RAM, a fast enough video card, and enough processing speed to easily handle streaming video.
- A sound card.
- A high speed internet connection, preferably directly connected to the computer via Ethernet rather than wirelessly connected.
- Virus and adware protection software.
- Microsoft Word, minimum version 2007 or above.
- Mozilla Firefox browser.
- The most recent versions of Java, Flash, Quicktime, Adobe Reader, and Shockwave.
Some instructors may require the use of a headset with microphone and/or a webcam.
The Blackboard mobile app is available for a nominal charge which provides limited access to courses, including the ability to read and contribute to discussions, check grades and announcements, access content, read and comment on blogs, reflect in journals, link to your personal Dropbox, and receive push notifications when courses are updated. Limited course features may also be available via your mobile device's browser; however, your mobile device does not replace your personal computer and should not be used as a substitute for one. High stakes assignments, tests, etc. should be completed on your personal computer, and not on your mobile device.