The Testing Center proctors paper-based and computer-based exams in adherence to the proctoring requirements of the sending institution.
The External Institution will:
Send the exam and supporting material via mail or email:
Postage mail (Return Postage required by institution or student):
Texas A&M University-Texarkana
Testing Center, UC330
7101 University Avenue
Texarkana, Texas 75503
Phone number: (903) 223-3072
Fax number: (903) 223-3184
- Provide thorough directions for proctoring the exam. Specific information must include but is not limited to: date(s) and time allotted for testing; whether or not book(s), notes, calculator, formula sheet, and/or scratch paper are allowed for testing. Please include a name and phone number to contact with any questions.
- Provide specific rules for the proctor, including instructions if cheating is suspected (e.g., confiscate the exam) and the handling of exams that are not taken.
- Provide a return mailing address for mailing back the completed exam(s) and/or related material(s). If the results are to be faxed, please provide a valid fax number and point of contact.
- $10.00 – A&M-Texarkana Student (student ID required)
- $15.00 – Non-Student
- $5.00 - assessed upon your 2nd reschedule request
- $25.00 up to 2 hours
- $10.00 each additional hour
The Testing Center will:
- Receive exams for students and sign the appropriate paperwork. However, it is the student's responsibility to verify the testing center received the exam.
- Advise the student aware of any specific exam guidelines (e.g., no notes or no open books, etc.) and administer the exam.
- Return the completed exam provided by the institution in the method designated by the external institution.
- Destroy exams not completed by the stated deadline, unless requested to handle otherwise.
- Will not answer questions pertaining to the exam content or grade the exam.
The Student should:
- Call the testing center to verify receipt of the exam.
- If circumstances prevent you from keeping your appointment, please contact the Testing Center to reschedule within 24-hours.
- Allow sufficient time to take the exam when setting an appointment. Tests will be scheduled allowing enough time for completion prior to the test center's scheduled closing time. Seating must occur 1 hour prior to closing or time allowance indicated. Due to limited seating, requests for appointment should be made at least 1 week in advance prior to the expiration of an exam.
- Come prepared with the necessary/required supplies to take the exam.
- Bring a current and valid photo ID bearing their name and any approved materials for the specified exam.
- Allow sufficient time for normal mailing of the exam(s).
- Advise the testing center of needs for special accommodations (2 weeks notice).
- Inform the testing center of the time allowed for the exam and if the exam is paper/pencil-based or computer-based.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the appointment time. The testing center is located on the 3rd floor of the University Center, Room 330. Click on hours of operation for more information regarding our office hours and location. Appointments will be made based on schedule availability and the length of the exam(s). Click on driving directions for directions to the University.
Updated November 6, 2013