Teacher Preparation Program Graduate Certification Admissions
Students seeking graduate certification must meet the basic requirements:
- Complete application requirements at https://tamut.tk20.com following directions on TK-20 Quick Guide.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 2.80 Undergraduate GPA
- Application to a Master’s degree program. Two degree options below.
- 3.0 Undergraduate GPA
- Students not meeting 3.0 GPA, may be provisionally admitted with a 2.7 GPA.
Considerations for choosing appropriate Master's degree:
MS in Education /Concentration in Curriculum & Instruction
- Requires additional CORE education course work beyond certification courses: ED 520, ED 547, ED 573, ED 590.
- Requires completion of Comprehensive Exam on CORE courses month prior to graduation.
- Appropriate degree for those seeking administration or curriculum coordinator positions in the future.
- Usually best degree choice for EC-6 Candidates.
MS in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Requires additional CORE courses for degree: IS 595 (offered fall only); IS 596 (offered spring only, after IS 595).
- Allows for 3 course content area for those seeking a total of 18 hours (6 courses) in content to teach Dual-Credit, AP or Community College. Graduate will have to complete 3 courses beyond degree.
- May transfer in up to 12 graduate hours from other Universities.
- Usually best degree choice for Secondary Candidates.
In addition, students seeking certification must apply for initial graduate certification on https://tamut.tk20.com. Any questions regarding certification application should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For certification completion, graduate students are required to successfully complete the following four program components: 1) Course work, 2) Field Experiences, 3) Certification Tests, 4) Portfolio.
Call 903/223-3044 or email email@example.com