Teacher Preparation Program Undergraduate Completion
Teacher candidates apply for teacher certification in the area they are admitted into the program early in their final semester. Instructions for Applying for Standard Certification are available below. The Teacher Preparation Program will recommend the candidate for Standard Certification when the candidate has completed the following:
- Degree in BSIS (Refer to Degree Plan)
- Sucessful Completion of Student Teaching
- Texas Education Agency Application for Standard Certification
- Passed Certification Tests (PPR and Content) for area seeking certification
To apply for Texas Standard Teacher Certification:
- Access the Texas Education Agency (TEA) website: www.tea.state.tx.us
- Select “Educator Certification,” then “Educator LOGIN/ACCOUNT SET UP.” You should already have a user name and password.
- Log in and follow the instructions to apply for standard certification through Texas A&M University – Texarkana Alternative Certification Program.
- Pay the remittance fee.
- Once we have verified completion of all program requirements, we will issue approval.
Adding Other Certifications:
- Certification by Examination – An educator who holds an appropriate Texas classroom teaching certificate may add additional classroom certification areas by successfully completing the appropriate content examination for the area(s) sought. Adding Additional Certifications
Questions? Call 903/223-3044 or email email@example.com .