Emergency Tuition Loan
Emergency Tuition and Fee Loan proceeds are intended to cover required tuition and fees. The term of the loan will vary depending upon the length of the semester. Submission of an application does not guarantee approval. Loan funds are limited and applications will be handled on a first come, first served basis. The application must be made online and the online application serves as the promissory note for the loan. Upon submission, the student provides an electronic signature agreeing to the terms of the loan. The Tuition and Fee Loan does not cover 100% of the students required charges, the student will need to elect to be on the payment plan, also available online via “Web for Students”.
*Business Office Manager will be accountable for the administration of this program. The Chief Accountant will supply the amount of available TPEG Loan funds each semester.
Emergency Tuition and Fees Loans are available to students based on the following conditions:
- Texas Residents and Border County students may qualify for an Emergency Tuition and Fee Loan up to a maximum of 25% of their total tuition and fees for that term.
- Border State and Out of State students may qualify for an Emergency Tuition and Fee Loan up to a maximum of 25% of their total tuition and fees for that term.
- A $10.00 loan origination fee is charged for each Emergency Tuition and Fee Loan.
- Student can only receive one loan per semester; the student should not apply for a loan until they have finalized their schedule.
- Student will be the responsible for any additional tuition and fees incurred subsequent to the original loan application and approval.
- Failure to pay the remaining balance will result in the students’ schedule being dropped due to non-payment of tuition and fee charges.
*The University has a set amount of funding available for the Emergency Tuition and Fee Loan program. Students will be awarded on a first come first serve basis.
The criteria is reviewed and verified through the Touch Net Payment Gateway short term loan program. Certification is made using Banner data (Student Information System).
- If approved, the loan is immediately applied to the students account.
- After the loan is applied to the student’s account, the student must either pay the remaining balance in full according to the established payment schedule or be enrolled in an installment payment plan for the balance of tuition and fees. Failure by the student to comply will result in the student’s courses being dropped.
- Students that do not qualify for the emergency loan will be notified immediately and will need to arrange final payment or other payment options. Failure by the student to comply will result in the student’s courses being dropped.
**If you have a scholarship that covers 25% or more of your tuition and fees, you do not have to sign up for an emergency loan. You can put yourself on the payment plan and use your scholarship as your first payment.
STUDENTS NOT FULFILLING ONE OF THESE REQUIREMENTS BY THE SCHEDULED DUE DATE WILL BE DROPPED FROM ALL CLASSES.
If a student fails to make payments by the specified due dates, the student agrees to pay Texas A&M University-Texarkana costs for collection, including any and all late fees, late registration fees, collection fees and attorney fees. The student agrees to receive phone/cell phone calls from The university or its agents, subcontractors or independent contractors using any type of telephone equipment. The university reserves the right to report the students account to the Credit Bureau.