The ACT-Residual (ACT-R) is identical in content and format to the National ACT. The ACT-R differs from the National ACT in that the scores are reported ONLY to Texas A&M University-Texarkana Admissions Office. If prospective students are not sure which institution of higher learning they wish to attend, it would be to your advantage to take the National ACT.
- Eligibility for Colleges – Only ACT-participating colleges are eligible for Residual Testing for the purpose of obtaining data on their enrolled, admitted, or applicant students who were unable to take the ACT on a regularly scheduled test date in time to meet the college's deadlines.
- Eligibility for Students – Residual Testing may be conducted on Texas A&M University-Texarkana campus for students who: 1) are enrolled, 2) have been admitted, or 3) are applying to your college. Students who do not intend to attend the University must NOT take the ACT Residual Testing on the University's campus.
- Residual Testing is not a practice test.
- Residual Testing is not for use with younger students.
- You may not provide Residual Testing to individuals who do not intend to attend your college.
- ACT Residual Testing is restricted to on-campus administrations. Test booklets may not be transported from campus to campus or to any off-campus locations.
- A minimum of 60 days must elapse before another Residual Test may be taken. Scores achieved before the minimum elapsed time will be cancelled without refund.
- ACT restricts the number of times a student may take the ACT to 12 times total. Residual Testing does count toward that maximum. Scores that exceed the maximum will be canceled without refund.
|Test Date||Registration Deadline|
|January 10, 2015||January 6, 2015|
|January 15, 2015||January 12, 2015|
|February 21, 2015||February 16, 2015|
|March 14, 2015||March 9, 2015|
|April 4, 2015||March 30, 2015|
|May 9, 2015||May 4, 2015|
|May 27, 2015||May 18, 2015|
|June 10, 2015||June 1, 2015|
|June 27, 2015||June 22, 2015|
|July 11, 2015||July 7, 2015|
|July 29, 2015||July 20, 2015|
|August 8, 2015||August 3, 2015|
|August 18, 2015||August 10, 2015|
Check-in: 8:30 am ♦ Start Time: 9:00 am
Dates Subject To Change
Contact A&M-Texarkana Testing Center to reserve a seat.
Limited Seating Availability
To register, please contact A&M-Texarkana's testing center at (903) 223-3072 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your date/time preference. If circumstances prevent you from keeping your appointment, please contact the testing center to reschedule within 24-hours.
- $60.00 - Check or Money Order ONLY Payable to TAMUT or A&M-Texarkana. Fee nonrefundable.
- $5.00 - assessed upon your 2nd reschedule request.
Basic Test (four multiple choice tests)
- English (45 minutes)
- Mathematics (60 minutes)
- Reading (35 minutes)
- Science Reasoning (35 minutes)
Allowing time to fill in personal data, the test takes approximately five hours.
- Scores from Residual Testing are valid only at Texas A&M University-Texarkana and cannot be transferred by transcript or other means to any other institution or agency.
- Scores from Residual Testing are reported only to the college administering the test.
- No Student Reports and no High School Reports are generated.
- No Additional Score Reports will be generated to report scores to any other institution.
Student Must Bring
Unexpired photo ID to enter the test room.
You must wait 60 days since your last ACT Residual Test before you can retake the exam.
ACT Residual Brochure
Review the ACT Residual Brochure for additional information regarding the ACT Residual (i.e. acceptable photo ID, calculators permitted, items prohibited in testing room and prohibited behavior, etc.).
Testing Center Contact Information
Click here for contact information
Updated December 19, 2014