Graduate Admissions FAQs

What graduate degrees do you offer?
A full list of our graduate programs can be found here.

Do you offer courses off campus?
A&M-Texarkana offers graduate level classes for some programs in Hallsville, TX, and at NTCC in Mt. Pleasant, TX.  We also offer a variety of web-based courses.

How do I obtain a degree plan?
A copy of your degree plan can be found on DegreeWorks through your Web for Students.  Please note that this degree plan is not official until you have been fully admitted into the graduate program.

Who is my academic advisor?
Students have been admitted into the graduate program will be assigned an official academic advisor by the Office of Graduate Admissions.

How do I change from non-degree seeking to degree seeking?
Students wishing to change status from non-degree seeking to a degree program must file a graduate change of major declaration.  Students must submit a graduate program application packet to the Office of Graduate Admissions during the first semester of degree seeking status.

I am seeking a professional certification.  Are there more steps I need to take?
Yes, all certification seeking students must complete an online application to the certification program at  For more information regarding certification, please contact our Certification Office at 903-223-3048. 

Do I have to take the GRE or GMAT?
The GRE, GMAT, and Millers Analogies Test are a required component of the admissions packet necessary to be accepted into our degree programs.  Please look at the program admissions requirements to determine which test you should take for the program you are pursuing.  

**For more information on the GRE, including test dates and sites, please visit
**For more information on the GMAT, including test dates and sites, please visit
**For more information on the MAT, including test dates and sites, please visit To take the MAT at A&M-Texarkana, please contact the Testing Center at 903-223-3072. 

How and when do I apply for graduation?
Students should apply for graduation in the semester before they intend to graduate.  The application will be available on your Web for Students when it is time to apply for graduation.