Selected for Verification
Each year, The Department of Education selects students’ financial aid applications nationwide for “verification,” a process of confirming data supplied by the applicant and/or parents on aid applications. Through verification, Texas A&M University-Texarkana resolves discrepancies on students’ aid applications.
Aid funds cannot be assessed until the student submits all requested documents and the accuracy of student information can be confirmed. Per institutional policy, student financial aid packages will be processed in the order of the package completion date (date the last required document was received).
What to DO
• Turn in all documents requested by F.A.O. as soon as possible
• Be sure all documents are signed
• Be sure your name and Campus-wide Identification (CWID) and/or Social Security Number are on all documents you submit
• Keep photocopies of all information you submit and record the date you send in the documents
• Keep photocopies of tax transcripts and W-2s
• Call the IRS at 1.800.829.1040, if you need copies of your
What NOT to do
• Forget to sign your form
• Submit incomplete or illegible documents; if you do, they will be returned to you with a request for acceptable forms, causing a delay in processing your aid
• Submit photocopies of income tax transcripts with information obstructed by another form
• Submit any documentation unless requested to do so by the Financial Aid Office
How do I know what documentation is required of me?
The best method for determining what documents are required is to log in to Web for Students. By selecting “Financial Aid Status,” students can access any information on unsatisfied requirements.
Students can also visit the One Stop for a Financial Aid Document Request form that will itemize the documents that student needs.
What is the process for submitting my documents?
Once you have completed and procured every required document, submit your complete documents to the One Stop. In return, students will receive a Financial Aid Document Receipt.