Texas A&M University - Texarkana is committed to the success of each student. This university believes that living on campus plays a significant role in the success of students and has developed the housing and meal requirements listed below.The University requires all students to live on campus unless the student meets one of the exemptions below:
- Has reached the age of 21 prior to the first class day of class each semester (fall/spring)
- Has completed 60 or more semester credit hours prior to the first day of class each semester (fall/spring)
- Is enrolled in 9 or fewer semester credit hours for the fall or spring semester(student must file exemption for each semester enrollment is 9 or less semester credit hours)
- Lives with parent or legal guardian within 30 miles of campus
- Is married or has dependent children
- Hardship exceptions are approved through the Office of Residence Life
All exemptions to the University housing requirement must be documented and approved by the Office of Residence Life. Exemption forms are available below as well as at the Residence Life Office. Students must seek approval for exemption each academic year while under the age of 21 or semester credit hour requirement. Once students achieve 21 years of age or 60 semester credit hours they are no longer required to file for an exemption to live off campus. Exemption forms for Fall 2015 are due to the Residence Life Office by June 1, 2015. The forms will be submitted to the Exemption Committee and will have an answer back to the student via email within two work weeks. It is advised for applicants to submit a one page letter to the committee explaining their reasoning for exemption. Any questions can be directed to the Residence Life Coordinator at email@example.com.
Meal Plan Exemption Form
Meal Plan RequirementThe university requires all students residing on campus to purchase a meal plan.
*Students should not make arrangements to live off campus until approved by the Office of Residence Life. Exemption processing takes a minimum of two (2) weeks, assuming adequate information is submitted. Students who are approved for exemption will be charged a $300 fee for on their university account for breaking the housing contract.