Academic Affairs Advisory Council
The A3 was originally formed by the VPAA in consultation with the Faculty Senate. The purpose of the of the A3 Council is to advise the Provost/VPAA on all issues related to the design, delivery, and assessment of curriculum. Standing and ad hoc committees within the A3 research complex issues and bring forward recommendations for full A3 consideration. Issues under the purview of the A3 include but are not limited to academic affairs proposals that require external approval, affect two or more colleges, core curriculum issues, online education, university-wide assessment, monitoring SACS-COC compliance, and university admission standards.
Though the A3 has at least two elected representatives from each college and a representative from Faculty Senate, beginning in the in 2014 the A3 will focus on issues of interest/importance to the faculty at large in an effort to clarify/resolve issues and become more representative in design and function. Faculty are encouraged to come to every meeting. In an effort to communicate the work of the A3 to the faculty at large, an agenda will be placed on the website one week prior to the meeting of the A3 and minutes posted within a week of the conclusion of the A3 business.
- Add New Graduate Program
- Add New Undergraduate Program
- Changes to Existing Graduate Program (also used in college approval route)
- Changes to Existing Undergraduate Program (also used in college approval route)
- Course Changes (also used in college approval route)
- Course Inventory Add/Reinstate(also used in college approval route)
- Course Inventory Deletion (also used in college approval route)
- Syllabus Template