Transfer Student Orientation
If you are reading this you meet the following criteria:
- You were previously enrolled in a University or college and received a minimum of twelve academic hours after your high school graduation - dual credit coursework does not qualify.
- You are transferring from another institution.
If you do not meet these requirements for a transfer student - don't worry you just need to go to the New Student Orientation
- Help you prepare to enroll in classes at TAMUT
- Provide you with tips and strategies for a successful transition
- Equip you with information about available resources, like Financial Aid
Transfer Orientation is ONLINE. Click here to go to the Online Orientation.
When I complete TSO, how do I register for classes?
Once you complete the Online Orientation, your Orientation hold will be removed from your student account. As long as there are no other holds on your student account (which can be checked in Web for Students), you should be clear to register for classes. If you feel comfortable with navigating your degree plan in DegreeWorks, you are welcome to to self-register. If you need assistance with course selection OR academic advising, we are happy to assist you! Please contact our Academic Advising Office at 903.334.6724.
What Else Do I Need to Do Before I Attend?
New transfers who have been admitted to the University are welcome to attend Transfer Student Luncheon during our Orientation Welcome Week in August. Dates for specific events will be available soon.
Get a jump start on your TAMUT career by completing these assignments prior to TSO:
- Clear your calendar for the Transfer Student Luncheon. Dates TBA
- Take all necessary exams and submit your scores to the Office of Admissions
- Contact the Testing Center to check costs and make testing appointments at 903.223.3072. Contact Admissions with testing questions at 903.334.6602.
- Send final transcripts - contact your Registrar's Office to have your college transcripts sent
- Read up on meningitis
- Access your student email at http://tamut.edu/ace-mail-login.html or by contacting our Help Desk at 903.334.6603. (Remember your password!)
- Become a fan of TAMUT on Facebook