Students seeking certification at the graduate level will be required to complete admission processes for:
1. Admission to Texas A&M University - Texarkana
2. Admission to School of Graduate Studies and Research
3. Admission to Teacher Preparation Program for Initial Certification at Graduate Level
What are the eligibility requirements for graduate certification?
Students are eligible to apply for graduate certification when they have:
Out-of-country applicants to the teacher preparation programs must meet ONE of the following:
• Verification of satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language—Internet Based Test (TOEFL-iBT). All four portions (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) are used to calculate the score. Only a passing score on the Speaking portion is required at this time. The acceptable passing score on the Speaking portion is 26.
• Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S.
• Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree outside the U.S. where English was the primary language of instruction
• Verification of three creditable years of teaching experience in an educational setting in the U.S.
Complete Application Process to University (see University Application process) as Master's degree seeking in:
Which Master's degree is appropriate for me?
Below is some information to help you make a decision. However, it is always recommended to speak to an advisor.MS in Education /Concentration in Curriculum & Instruction - C&I (Advisor: Dr. Teri Fowler, email@example.com)
MS in Interdisciplinary Studies - MSIS (Advisor: Dr. Gaynell Green, firstname.lastname@example.org)
When eligible, how do I apply for graduate certification?
Graduate candidates will apply for certification at the same time applying for admittance into Graduate School for a Master's degree program (see Graduate School Admission Process). Candidates apply for initial graduate certification on TK20: https://tamut.tk20.com.
When would I be admitted for graduate certification?
Graduate candidates are notified of admittance when they have completed the following:
Candidates are eligible for Field Experience (Internship or Clinical Teaching) when they are admitted and have completed ED 506 and ED 508 or other approved courses. Please see Pt. 3: Field Experience.Questions? Call 903/223-3044 or email email@example.com