(Also refer to “Contract Submission & Approval Process”)
Steps for completion of A&M-Texarkana contracts:
Contract forms are completed by entering text into the shaded fields. The document may be saved for your records by choosing “Save as” under the File menu once the document has been completed.
1. The Department completes contract by entering the required information into the shaded text fields. Incomplete contracts will not be signed.
2. The Department completes “Charge to University Account” and “Total Contract Amount” fields.
3. The Department obtains W-9 (if applicable) and signature of Lecturer, Speaker, Performer or External Reviewer.
W-9 forms (found at Standard Contract Forms) must be completed if payee has never received any form of payment from A&M-Texarkana.
4. The Department routes the contract to the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA).
5. The “Contract number” is assigned by the VPFA Office.
6. The VPFA signs the contract to “Recommend Approval” and routes contract to President.
7. The President signs the contract to signify approval. (The President’s signature must be obtained prior to the event date.)
8. The fully-executed contract is returned to the VPFA Office, where an electronic copy is created and maintained. The original hardcopy of the contract is then returned to the Department.
9. If the total amount of the contract is LESS than $3,000.00, the Department should create and route an L-DOC immediately upon receipt of the fully-executed contract, in order to encumber the funds. (On the L-DOC, enter “N” under “All Items Received”). Then, when ready to pay, process a “Receiving” in FAMIS, and send the Departmental Document Submission Form and a copy of the contract to Accounts Payable.
If the total amount of the contract is MORE than $3,000.00, the Department should create and route an R-DOC immediately upon receipt of the fully-executed contract, in order to encumber the funds.
If the vendor will send an Invoice for the goods or services, AP will email the Department when they receive it, requesting that you initiate “Receiving” in FAMIS. If No Invoice will be received, the Department should contact AP when services are complete to initiate payment. NOTE: A copy of the contract must be submitted to Accounts Payable when initiating payment.
**Please note the compensation clauses on all contract forms. Your payee needs to be aware of the stipulations regarding payment for services.**
Current contract forms can be accessed at Standard Contract Forms
If you have questions, please contact the VPFA’s office, extension 3111.