Business Office

Refund Policy

Texas Education Code(Sec 54.006)

Refund or Adjustment of Tuition and Mandatory Fee for Dropped Courses and Student Withdraws

If a student drops a course within the first 12 days of a fall or spring semester or a summer term of 10 weeks or longer will result in a refund of 100% tuition and mandatory fees collected.

If a student drops a course within the first 4 days of a term or session of more than five weeks but less than ten weeks will result in a refund of 100% tuition and mandatory fees collected.

If a student drops a course before the census date of a term or session of five weeks or less will result in a refund of 100% tuition and mandatory fees collected.

Refund Schedule for withdrawals
Refunds are based on total assessed tuition, not total tuition paid. A total withdraw by the dates listed below will result in a reduction in total assessed tuition provided the student remains enrolled for the semester. No reduction in fees will be given for withdraws after the dates listed below:

If the student withdraws during a fall or spring semester or a summer term of 10 weeks or longer:

Prior to the 1st class day                        100%

During the first five class days                  80%

During the second five class days              70%

During the third five class days                 50%

During the fourth five class days               25%

After the fourth five class days                 None

If the student withdraws during a term or session of more than five weeks but less than 10 weeks:

Prior to the 1st class day                         100%

During the first second or third class day     80%

During the fourth fifth or sixth class day      50%

The seventh class day and thereafter        None

If the student withdraws from a term or session of five weeks or less:

Prior to the 1st class day                         100%

During the first class day                           80%

During the second class day                      50%

The third class day and thereafter             None

Withdrawal refund for students paying in installments are calculated as follows:

100% means you will receive 100% refund of tuition paid

80% means you will receive a refund of 30% (50% paid less 20% owed = 30% refund)

70% means you will receive a refund of 20% (50% paid less 30% owed = 20% refund)

50% means you will not receive a refund and do not owe any additional tuition (50% paid less 50% owed = 0)

25% means you owe an additional 25% of total assessed tuition (50% paid less 75% owed = 25% balance due)

Financial Aid Refunds

All Financial Aid refund checks will be mailed to the student's current address on file in the Admission's Office unless the student elects for direct deposit via the Touchnet Payment Gateway.

Financial Aid Students Who Withdraw from all Classes

Students who have received financial aid that withdraw from A&M-Texarkana on or before the 60% point in the semester must repay a portion of his/her financial aid as specified by the Federal formula. The student is only eligible to maintain the amount of financial aid he/she has earned at the time attendance ceases. The student will be required to repay both the Federal programs andA&M-Texarkana for institutional charges. A&M-Texarkana will use the Federal formula in determining the amount the student must repay. All financial aid students must contact the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing from classes in order to understand the adverse affects of his/her withdrawal.

Financial Aid Students Who Drop Classes

The students's financial aid award is based on his/her enrollment status on the university's official census date report. If the student drops below the number of hours for which he/she was paid on or before the official census date, repayment for some or all of the financial aid may be required. If the students drops after the census date, make-up hours may be required.

Financial Aid Students and Non-Attendance

Students who are awarded financial aid that fail to attend any of his/her classes must repay ALLfinancial aid he/she received.