Honors Colloquium and Events
The Honors Colloquia are a series of scholarly talks and presentations offered throughout the academic year. They provide a venue for Honors students and faculty to present their research, but also for the Honors program to bring speakers to campus from outside the university community.
Spring 2017 Colloquium Schedule
- January 26, 2017 "A NEW KIND OF MONSTER....PART MONK, PART KNIGHT: Warrior Clerics in Medieval Europe"
Click here to view the presentation
- February 9, 2017 "SKETCHNOTING: A Visual Approach to Note Taking"
- March 7, 2017 "Male Composers-Female Muse"
- April 11, 2017 "The Intercalation and Molecular Transport of Guest Molecules into Hydrogen-Bonded Metal-Organic Frameworks"
- April 27, 2017 HONORS PROGRAM SHOWCASE
Fall 2016 Colloquium Schedule
October 4, 2016- THE POWER OF ECONOMIC INCENTIVES IN SHAPING OUR HISTORY, presented by Dr. Richards Parsons
October 13, 2016 -DEEPENING UNDERSTANDING OF EDUCATION STANDARDS THROUGH COLLOBRATION OF PRE-SERVICE
TEACHERS AND DISCOVERY PLACE MUSEUM, presented by University Honors Program students Amanda Nix and Kristen Childress