College of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Nursing
The Texas A&M University-Texarkana College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) is committed to providing programs of excellence in engineering, technology, physical and biological sciences, computer and information sciences, and mathematics. The college enhances the quality of life and economic health of the region, the state, and beyond by providing students with the knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of modern society, and by providing business, industry, government, K–12 schools, and the public with technical expertise and leadership to support innovation and growth.
In January 2015, the STEM College opened the Innovation Lab, a research environment available to all faculty and students to encourage research and learning across disciplines. For example, business students can work with engineering students on inventions, patents, and other small business pursuits. Students have the opportunity to learn by doing, not just from textbooks, and that makes them better prepared for real-world opportunities after graduation.
College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Mission Statement
The College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics at the Texas A&M University – Texarkana is dedicated to excellence in education, collaborative research, and community engagement. The mission of the College of STEM is to promote an interdisciplinary culture and offer its students opportunities to learn cutting-edge practices and to prepare them to become leaders in industry, in research, or as innovative clinical practitioners. Through well-educated graduates and the practices of high-quality faculty, the college seeks to be the source of STEM leadership and talent within the region and, by aspiring to be a center for new and evolving STEM activities, the College of STEM seeks to provide a significant impact on the regional economy and the global communities.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (4-8 Certification)
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (7-12 Certification)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Biology (4-8 Certification)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology (7-12 Certification) Composite Science
- Bachelor of Science in Biology (7-12 Certification) Life Science
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN Track