At Texas A&M University-Texarkana students and members of the community can take advantage of a variety of testing programs and services to support their educational, career and personal goals. The Testing Center provides information and registration materials and serves as a testing site for several national, statewide and university testing programs that are required for admission to the university, placement in classes and graduation.
The Testing Center is responsible for the administration and proctoring of make-up and select standardized exams. A registration fee may be required for select standardized exams and a completed application may be required by the respective testing company. Click-on the appropriate link for registration information.
While many exams are administered in paper-based format, most testing companies are following the national trend of computer-based testing. The test administrator is available at all times for technical assistance. Many candidates find the individual, non-distracted environment and, in most cases, immediate score report feedback very attractive features of computer-based testing.
Complete the Release Form (Test Scores) to have your scores released.
Guidelines for Test Taking
- Twenty-four-hour notice is required prior to testing. Contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment. Testing is by appointment only. No walk-ins are accepted.
- Tests will be scheduled allowing enough time for completion prior to the test center's scheduled closing time. Seating must occur 1 hour prior to closing or time allowance indicated.
- A $5.00 will be assessed upon your 2nd reschedule request. Fee may be Paid Online by clicking Pay Online and clicking appropriate icon, Cash, Personal Check or Money Order payable to TAMUT or A&M-Texarkana. Fee nonrefundable.
- Photo ID required.
- No cellular phone or electronic devices allowed in the testing room.
- Cellular phones must be turned off prior to testing.
- Possessions must be stored prior to testing.
- You must know the professor, course and test number (ex. Boger, MGT 465, test1)
- Only one test will be administered at a time.
- The Testing Center is NOT available for entire class testing due to limited spacing. Please understand that the Testing Center should not serve as a substitute for in-class testing. Therefore, entire traditional "face-to-face" or "on-line" classes cannot be accommodated. Please make other arrangements if you require a class substitute.
- Instructors issue cut-off dates and times for tests; an expired test will not be issued.
- Computer-base testing. You are not permitted to browse other sites while testing. Examinees found browsing will be reported to the course instructor and/or dean.
- Academic dishonesty will not be tolerated. Cases of academic dishonesty will be reported to the course instructor and respective dean.
The Success Center provides literature for several tests not offered at Texas A&M University-Texarkana including:
- Graduate Records Examination - General Exam (GRE)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
If you have any questions regarding the testing center, please feel free to contact. The testing center goal is to assist and make testing a pleasant experience.
Teacher Preparation Program (TPP)
Those who are seeking admission to the state-approved Teacher Preparation Program (TPP) should contact the Teacher Certification officer, Katheryn Hartshorn, at (903) 223-3048, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Alternative Certification (ACP) advisor, Debbie Hopkins at (903) 223-3044, email@example.com.
Students with disabilities can contact the Disabilities Office at (903) 223-3062 or Carl Greig at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodations MUST be in place one (1) week prior to scheduled appointment.
Updated April 28, 2016