First Year Experience Coaching
Faculty and peers serve as First Year Experience Coaches for first-year students. Your coaches teach you skills needed to be a high performing scholar, and they will be right there with you in University Foundations (IS 1100) to guide you inside and outside of the classroom throughout your first year.
Your Academic Coach may…
- Offer advice about academic expectations and student life
- Invite you to A&M-Texarkana events and activities
- Introduce you to campus activities, student organizations, and academic opportunities
- Arrange social events throughout the year
- Connect you with the appropriate resource(s) for your needs