Dropping/Withdraw a Class
It is the Student’s Responsibility to submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office, via mail, fax, email or in person. Your request to drop/withdraw will be processed as of the date the request is received in the Registrar’s office. Incomplete forms will not be accepted or processed by the Registrar's Office. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure all required information is provided on the form, and is submitted to the Registrar's Office by the deadline.
Dropping a course= a student wishes to drop an individual course but remains registered in other courses for the current semester.
Withdrawing= a student wishes to drop ALL courses they are enrolled in for the semester.
Students who will not be attending for the semester and wish to drop ALL courses for the semester, MUST submit a drop/withdraw form to the Registrar's Office in order to officially withdraw from the university for the semester.
Drop/Withdraw deadlines for the Spring 2017 semester
Drop without a grade
(will not be recorded on academic transcript)
Last day drop/withdraw
(will be recorded on academic transcript; no refund of tuition/fees)
16 wk (Jan 17- May 10)
Wed, Feb. 1, 5 pm
|Mon. Apr 17, 5 pm|
1st 8 wk (Jan 17- Mar 10)
Tues, Jan. 24, 5 pm
Fri, Mar 3, 5 pm
2nd 8 wk (Mar 20- May 10)
|Mon, Mar 27, 5 pm||Thurs, May 4, 5 pm|
Through Late Registration (January 19 for 16 week and 1st 8 week sessions; March 20 for 2nd 8 week session) students can drop individual courses through Web for Students. Students will need their student ID (CWID) and PIN to access this system; use the options in the action pull-down list through Web for Students.
Students CANNOT DROP/WITHDRAW from ALL classes through Web for Students. Prior to the first class day of the semester, students may submit an email to the Registrar's Office if they wish to withdraw from all of their classes for the semester. Once classes begin for the semester, students must submit drop/withdraw form by deadline above.
- Please note: To drop ALL courses for the semester is considered a withdraw. Depending on the date of the withdraw, students may be financially responsible for a portion or all of the charges on their account. Please visit the Business Service website to view the University's Refund Policy for dropping and withdrawing from classes.
Things to Consider before Dropping:
- Limitation on Dropping Courses (6-Drop Limit rule)
- 3-Peat Rule
- Undergraduate Funding Limit
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Return to Title IV (R2T4)
STEP 1: Complete the Form
Beginning with the census date (drop without a grade) as listed above, students will need to submit the drop/withdraw form in order to drop an individual course or withdraw from all courses for the semester.
- Print and complete the Drop/Withdraw Request form.
Step 2: Get Approval
- Obtain the instructor's signature for each course you wish to drop/withdraw. The date of last attendance/participation must also be noted on the form where indicated.
- If student's are utilizing services from the departments below, they will need to obtain a signature from that department before the withdraw form can be processed. This is to ensure the student is aware of any academic or financial consequences due to their dropping or withdrawing from their classes for the current semester.
- Financial Aid- University Center, Suite 260/ (903) 334-6601; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Services- University Center, Office 257/ (903) 223-1354; email@example.com
- Housing- Bringle Lake Village Office/(903) 223-1355; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who are withdrawing from all classes and living in on-campus housing
- Scholarships- University Center, Suite 260/(903) 334-6601; email@example.com
- Veterans Services- University Center, Office 258/(903) 334-6602; firstname.lastname@example.org
- VA students will be required to speak with a Veteran Affairs representative in person or via phone before the drop/withdraw form will be processed.
Step 3: Submit the form
There are several options for students to submit their completed, signed drop form:
- In person: University Center, Suite 260D
- Fax: (903) 223-3140
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: 7101 University Ave., Texarkana, TX 75503
Step 4: Confirmation
A confirmation email will be sent to the students' ACE email account 24-48 hours after the request has been processed.
Any student that has questions regarding this process should contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (903) 334-6601.