Welcome Home! You have served your country, now let us serve you. Whether you are Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, a Veteran, or a family member, we thank you for your service to our nation and promise to make your experience at Texas A&M University-Texarkana a rewarding one.
Our Veteran Services Staff is prepared to help you achieve your academic goals as well as facilitate your transition from military to civilian life. Earning a coveted degree from Texas A&M University-Texarkana will prove to be a valuable asset in securing civilian employment.
Enrollment is certified to the appropriate agency upon request of the student. Any student enrolled at A&M-Texarkana who is eligible for VA Educational Benefits or State of Texas military benefits should notify us when he or she wishes to be certified using the Request for Certification form.
A&M-Texarkana is a VA Yellow Ribbon School (click on link for information).
Estimating Cost of Attendance:
The following websites can also help you determine an estimate cost of attending Texas A&M University-Texarkana:
- The College Scorecard: a consumer tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
- The College Navigator: a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
- The "Paying For College" webpage: can be used by prospective students to enter the names of up to three schools and receive detailed financial information on each one and to enter actual financial aid award information.
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet: The Financial Aid Shopping Sheets below are an example of the Shopping Sheet that will be customized for you, once you are accepted to A&M-Texarkana, based on the information you submit on your FAFSA. The cost of attendance figures are based on Texas A&M University-Texarkana 2017-2018 cost of attendance data and the financial aid award figures are average awards provided to students. The Shopping Sheets do not reflect any VA benefits since the amount received is dependent upon the benefit being used. You can use the VA’s GI Bill® Benefits Comparison Tool to determine the best VA benefit for you.
- FA Shopping Sheet – Resident Undergraduate 2018
- FA Shopping Sheet – Non-Resident Undergraduate 2018
- FA Shopping Sheet – Resident Graduate 2018
- FA Shopping Sheet – Non-Resident Graduate 2018
Use of DOD Tuition Assistance
Use of State of Texas Veterans Benefits (Hazlewood Exemption)
Physical Location: 2nd Floor of the University Center building in Room UC258 (across the hall from Enrollment Services)
Texas A&M University-Texarkana
Veteran Services Center
7101 University Ave
Texarkana, TX 75503
Texas A&M University System
- VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic directions and contact information -http://www.shreveport.va.gov/locations/Texarkana_AR_CBOC.asp
- County Veteran Service Officers