Peer Reviewers at A&M-Texarkana
Role of QM Peer Reviewers
Faculty members designated to become peer reviewers at A&M-Texarkana will obtain the following duties in a course review:
- Assist in bringing a course to meet and achieve QM expectations
- Assume a mentorship role for Faculty Online Course Developers
- Dedicate at least three weeks for course review:
- Convene with Peer Review Team
- Independently review a course(s)
- Make decisions regarding modifications and revisions
- Write constructive feedback and make appropriate suggestions
Benefits of a QM Peer Reviewer
As a peer reviewer, the following benefits will be incurred with the faculty member's participation:
- Become an integral part of the improvement of the quality of our online courses
- Receive national QM certification recognition
- Become part of a prestigious QM Peer Reviewer database
Quality Matters promotes a peer review process and provides a database of trained QM Peer Reviews eligible for assignment to a peer review team.
Interested in becoming a QM Peer Reviewer at A&M-Texarkana?
To become a peer reviewer, the following pre-requisites are required:
- Must be approved by the dean of their college
- Must be an experienced online instructor having taught within the past eighteen months, either full-time faculty or adjunct
- Must attend and successfully complete the Applying the QM Rubric Workshop and the Peer Reviewer Course
- A peer reviewer application and current Memo of Understanding must be on file with QM.