Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Minutes
March 14, 2006
Called to Order: 2:03 pm
Adjourned 3:34 pm
Members present: Peter Racheotes Chair;
Shirley Garick, Gaynell Green, Joan Brumm, William Laird, Bob Owen
Members present: Kristi Johnson, Carla Snyder
Absent: Anson Godfrey, Ann Lotven, Pat Black
Guests: Janice Overlock, Mary Luz Rincon
2. Meeting called to order by Dr. Racheotes.
3. Dr. Garick moved, seconded by Dr. Laird to approve minutes from previous meeting, February 14, 2006. Motion passed
4. Dr. Brumm moved, seconded by Dr. Green to approve Course Inventory Add/Reinstate: HSCI 405: Cultural Pluralism in Health Care and Mental Health (Garick). Motion passed
5. Agenda Item #5, already added to inventory, No Action taken. (See October Minutes).
6. Dr. Garick moved, seconded by Dr. Laird to approve Course Syllabus Changes: BE 472 Bilingual and Dual Language Methodologies (Rincon). Motion passed.
7. Dr. Garick moved, seconded by Dr. Green to approve Course Syllabus Changes: BE 470 Bilingual Assessment and Monitoring (Rincon). Motion passed.
8. Dr. Laird moved, seconded by Dr. Garick to approve Changes to Existing Undergraduate Program: Bachelor of General Studies (Bugh). Motion passed
9. Dr.Laird moved, seconded by Dr. Brumm to table Changes to Existing Undergraduate Program: Mass Communications (Overlock) until meeting with Dr. Lotven, Motion to table passed.
10. Dr. Laird moved, seconded by Dr. Brumm to table Course Inventory Add/Reinstate: COMM 416 Case Studies in Advertising (Overlock) until further modifications pertaining to the justification statement are made and re-submitted to the UCC for review of the modifications at the April 11, 2006 meeting. Motion to table passed
11. Committee suggested that the Course Inventory Add/Reinstate: JOUR 417 Advanced Video Production (Overlock) to be re-submitted for correction and bookkeeping (Special Meeting).
12. Committee suggested that the Course Inventory Add/Reinstate: JOUR 316 International Field Study in Journalism (Overlock) to be re-submitted for changes in schedule hours (6) and justification statement.
13. Old Business: Progress of the re-submittal of the following courses: will need to be re- submitted in April 11, 2006 meeting, Special meeting will be held next week (March 20 – 24).
14. Other Business: Transitional meeting for change of Recording Secretary (from Kim Nugent to Melinda Thomas). Members to email time and day available for special meeting to be held next week. Special meeting with Dr. Racheotes, Janice Overlock with Dr. Lotven 3-16-06 at 11:30 am, Pat Black will also be ask to attend the meeting.
15. Meeting adjournment at 3:34 pm.
16. Next meeting will be Tuesday, May 9, 9:00 am, Room 375.