Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Minutes
May 9th, 2006
Called to Order: 9:06 am
Adjourned: 9:25 am
Members present: Peter Racheotes Chair;
Shirley Garick, Gaynell Green, Joan Brumm, William Laird, Bob Owen
Members present: Anson Godfrey, Ann Lotven, Pat Black, Kristi Johnson
Absent: Carla Snyder
2. Meeting called to order by Dr. Racheotes.
3. Dr. Garick moved, seconded by Dr. Green to approve minutes from previous meeting, April 11, 2006. Motion passed
4. Dr. Garick moved, seconded by Dr. Green to approve Course Syllabus Change: COMM 350: Advanced Technological Communications (Worrell). Motion passed.
5. Dr. Garick moved, seconded by Dr. Laird to approve Course Syllabus Change: MGT 395: Principles of Management (Mohundro). Motion passed
6. Dr. Garick moved, seconded by Dr. Brumm to table Course Inventory Add/Reinstate: MGT 446 Entrepreneurship (Harbin). A new syllabus must be submitted to the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, once the syllabus is received the committee will either receive an electronic copy or a special meeting will be called to consider approval of the syllabus. Tabled.
7. Dr. Garick moved, seconded by Dr. Brumm to approve Course Inventory Change: NURS 406 Community Health Nursing Practice (Neill). Motion passed.
8. Old Business: Progress of the re-submittal of the following courses: COMM416: Tabled in the April meeting.
9. Other Business: Dr. Racheotes expressed his sincere appreciation for the diligent work that both Drs Laird and Owen demonstrated during their tenure on the committee. Members of the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee who will serve the fiscal 2006- 2007 term; Dr. J. Brumm form the College of Business, Dr. E. Beason from the College of Education, Dr. G. Green will remain on the committee from the College of Arts and Sciences, Dr. Garick will remain on the committee for the College of Health & Behavioral Sciences. Election of Chair for the 2006-2007 terms; Dr. Racheotes was nominated by Dr. Garick and seconded by Dr. Brumm to remain as the Chairperson for the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, Motion passed by unanimous vote.
10. Next meeting will be in September, Date to be determined later, 2006, Room 375.
11. Meeting adjournment at 9:25 a.m.