May 11, 2005
Called to Order: 2:30 pm
Adjourned 4:00 pm
Members: Shirley Garick, Chair; Bob Owen, Peter Racheotes, William Laird,
Ex-Officio: Ann Lotven, Richard Roach, Carol Moore, and Anson Godfrey
Absent: Pat Black
Guests: T. Talley, G. Agrawal, D. Green, K. Levintova, G. Bugh, G. Green
Meeting Called to Order by Dr. Garick
2. G. Parangimalil moved, second by P. Racheotes to approve minutes of April 12, 2005. Motion passed.
3. P. Racheotes moved, second by W. Laird to approve CIS 497: Applications of Simple Robots. (Talley). Motion passed with the following changes: 1) On the Course Inventory Add/Reinstate form – on the Course Title – Change from “Applications of Simple Robots” to “Applications for Simple Robots”. 2) Delete entire 3rd paragraph on Faculty Form. 3) On 1st page of Course Syllabus – Change in the Course Description: 5th line change “force” to “energy”.
4. G. Parangimalil moved, second by W. Laird to approve IS 415: Fundamentals of Organizational Development, Change and Leaders. (G. Green). Motion passed.
5. B. Owen moved, second by S. Bhuiyan to approve Course Syllabus Change: PSY 350: Learning and Behavior (Walker). Motion passed contingent upon: It will be passed if it is a web-enhanced course and change the justification to the first sentence only as stated. In addition, the entire grading scale on the syllabus needs to be reformulated correctly. The corrections were completed by Dr. Walker and the course moved forward for signature by the chair.
6. P. Racheotes moved, second by S. Bhuiyan to approve Add New Undergraduate Minor: Minor in Political Science. (Bugh and Levintova). Motion passed.
7. Election of New Chairperson:
UNDERGRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE 2004-2005
Dr. Shirley Garick, Chair
Dr. Peter Racheotes, Faculty Senate
Dr. Robert Own, College of Business
Dr. George Parangimalil, College of Health & Behavioral Sciences
Dr. Serajul Bhuiyan, College of Arts & Sciences & Education
Dr. William Laird, College of Arts & Sciences & Education
Dr. Ann Lotven, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Pat Black, Director of Admissions and Registrar
Carol Moore, Director of Teacher Certification Office
Dr. Richard Roach, Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Anson Godfrey, Director of Technology and Distance Education
The newly elected Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Chairperson for 2005-2006 is Dr. Peter Racheotes.
8. Other Business
9. Meeting adjourned at 4:00 p.m.
10. The next Undergraduate Curriculum Committee meeting will be in the Fall of 2005.