Curriculum Committee Minutes
December 5, 2002
Members: C. McAllister, Chair; D. Abbott, D. Allard, J. Hargus, G. Parangimalil
1. D. Abbott moved, G. Parangimalil seconded approval of minutes for October 24, 2002 tabling agenda items #2 and #4b until next meeting. Motion passed.
2. Use of new course outline was tabled to obtain input from all voting members.
3. D. Allard moved, J. Hargus seconded to cross list Soc 420 – Managing Cultural Differences with GB 420 – Managing Cultural Differences. Motion passed.
4. G. Parangimalil moved, D. Abbott seconded approval for CJ 480 – Criminological Theories to be offered as a web class. Motion passed.
5. D. Allard moved, J. Hargus seconded approval of Eng 580 – Studies in Poetry: Dickinson, Frost and Bishop. Motion passed.
6. G. Parangimalil moved, J. Hargus seconded approval to change Ed 497 to IS 497- Foundations of Leadership and make it a permanent number in the course inventory. Motion passed.
7. J. Hargus moved, D. Abbott seconded approval to add COMM 350 to new EC-4 undergraduate program. Motion passed.
8. D. Abbott moved, D. Allard seconded approval to change MKT 445 – Retailing from a tradition course to a web-based course. Motion passed.
9. Procedures proposal tabled until next meeting where members will discuss and vote on the proposal changes.
10. Next meeting: January 10, 2003 after General Faculty Meeting.