Coming Soon - New Student Recreation Center
The Texas A&M University-Texarkana’s new Recreation Center will provide much-needed space for student and community activities, study groups, and academic initiatives to support the university’s mission of academic excellence, student success, and community leadership.
Situated in a prominent location on the A&M-Texarkana campus near beautiful Bringle Lake Park, the Student Recreation Center will be bounded by the A&M-Texarkana University Center to the west, Bringle Lake Village to the north, and the Eagles Soccer Complex to the east.
This addition to the campus will expand the sense of community at the university, creating additional opportunities for student and community engagement and interaction.
Key features of the Student Recreation Center include:
- a regulation-sized basketball/volleyball court with retractable bleacher seating for 1,200-1,500 patrons
- a training and fitness center
- biomechanics and motor skills labs to support the university’s new Kinesiology program
- a recreation room
- a café
- two multi-purpose classrooms
- locker rooms
- recreational sports locker rooms
- coaches' quarters, athletic director’s office and 12 faculty/staff offices, picnic tables, spirit lockers, and benches