A&M-Texarkana Alumni Association is Seeking Nominations for Distinguished Alumni and Faculty
The Texas A&M University-Texarkana Alumni Association is seeking nominations for Distinguished Alumni and Faculty. The annual Distinguished Alumni and Faculty Celebration will be held on October 18 at the A&M-Texarkana campus. During the celebration event, up to three Distinguished Alumni and one Distinguished Faculty member will be recognized for distinguished service. The recognition of the Distinguished Alumni Award began at the university in 1982, and The Distinguished Faculty Award was introduced in 1999.
Nominations may be made by completing the on-line nomination form on the TAMUT.edu website. Click on the “Alumni & Friends” tab to complete and submit the form. Deadline for submissions is August 1. For more information, contact Bob Bruggeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903 223-3153. Sponsorships are available for the celebration event.
Distinguished Alumni Criteria:
- Former Student of A&M-Texarkana or formally East Texas State University-Texarkana
- Has received special recognition by their peers or colleagues in their chosen areas of business or professions
- Brings honor to A&M-Texarkana through their endeavors in civic, social philanthropic, public or volunteer service activities
- Has accomplished deeds which reflect the values of, and loyalty to, A&M-Texarkana
- Is of such integrity, stature and demonstrated ability that faculty, staff, students and alumni of A&M-Texarkana will take pride in, and be inspired by their recognition as Distinguished Alumni
Distinguished Faculty Criteria:
- Has achieved excellence through their commitment to teaching
- Has achieved excellence in scholarly activities or creative work
- Has demonstrated service to the university and the community
- Has contributed significantly to the overall programs and goals of A&M-Texarkana