Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search

Admission FAQ's

Often times applicants have many questions about the Admission process. If your Admission question was not answered below, an Admission representative will be glad to answer all questions and concerns. Please review some of the frequently asked questions below.

1. How do I apply?

ONLINE at tamut.edu

2. How can I check my application status?

You can check your Admissions Status by logging into your Web for Students and selecting "Check My Admissions Status."

3. I have reviewed my admissions status through Web for Students and I see checklist items that I wasn't expecting.  Do I have to submit these documents? 

Yes, during the processing of your application the admission processors will review your file based on the information available to our office at that time and after documents have been received.

4. When will I know if I have been accepted?

An acceptance letter will be mailed to the applicant’s permanent address provided on the admission application. You can also check your admission status by logging into your Web for Student account and clicking on the “Check Your Admissions Status” link.

5. How long does it take to receive an admission decision?

Admission decisions are made on a daily basis; please continue to check your Web for Students account for an update on your status.

6. What makes a high school or college/university transcript official?

An official high school transcript bears the original signature of a school official and/or an official school seal and must be received in a sealed envelope from the sending high school. College/university transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the sending institution. Transcripts that have been received with the seal broken will be considered unofficial. Please mail official transcripts to:

Admission Office
Texas A&M University – Texarkana
7101 University Avenue
Texarkana, TX 75503

In addition to mailing official transcripts, A&M – Texarkana accepts transcripts via the SPEEDE, eScript, and Parchment.

7. Do I need to send official transcripts from every school I have attended?

Yes, we require your full academic record to completely evaluate your file for admission. Oftentimes, not every class is listed for every institution that is posted on another institution(s) transcript. This will allow us to grant students the correct transfer course credits.

8. Do I need to re-apply if I have missed one semester?

Yes if it is a fall or spring semester.

9. If I attended another school while I sat out for a year, do I need to submit my transcript?


10. If I applied, was admitted, but did not enroll, do I need to re-apply?

A student’s application is valid for one year. You can move your application to another term within the year of your application. If it has been more than a year since your application was received, then you must re-apply for admission.

11. If I graduated with my bachelor degree and would like to return to obtain a second bachelor, do I need to re-apply?

If you have already graduated with your degree and want to return to obtain a second bachelor or graduate degree you must re-apply for admission.

12. How can I change my major?

Students who have been admitted but have NOT enrolled can change their intended major by emailing the Admission Office at admissions@tamut.edu with the request. If you are a current student and/or have already enrolled in classes, you must complete the Change of Major form available through the university’s Registrar Office.

13. Where do I submit my bacterial meningitis information?

You will submit your information to Magnus Health Service if you are under the age of 22.  

Please click on the Verify Meningitis link available through your Web for Students account.  You will need to scan, fax, or mail your information to Magnus Health Service.   

14. When does my bacterial meningitis information have to be submitted?

An approved meningitis record must be on file at least 10 days prior to the first day of class. 

15. When will I know if my bacterial meningitis information has been approved?

Please allow at least 72 hours for your information to be reviewed after it has been received by Magnus Health Service.  The statement “Pending School Approval” indicates that your record has been received by Magnus and is pending approval with Magnus ONLY.  The school does not review bacterial meningitis records.

16. Is my admissions application the same as my financial aid applications?

No, each application is separate.  

17. How can I update my residency status to in-state?

Students who have moved to Texas must submit documentation to provide proof that you have lived in the state for 12 consecutive months prior to the semester the student plans on enrolling. Please review our Residency Information in the student catalog. 

18. What is my PIN?

This is an abbreviation for your Personal Identification Number that you use to access Web for Students.  The very first time you access your Web for Students account this will be your 6-digit date of birth without dashes in the following format: June 1, 1959 would be 060159. After you login, you will be prompted to enter your old PIN (your 6-digit date of birth) and change this PIN to another set of 6-digits.  You will enter this information twice.  It cannot be your 6-digit date of birth in the above format. Please keep this number in a secure location.

19. How do I log into my Web for Students account?

Please click here to navigate to the Web for Students page.

20. Where can I find my Student ID number?

On your admissions letter.

21. How can I reset my PIN?

Option 1: Please click the “Forgot PIN?” link located under the login button on the login screen.  If you have enabled this feature, you will be prompted with a question that you have created the last time you logged in.  You will then need to enter your answer.  Please note that the answer is case sensitive. You must type the answer in the same way you set it up.         

(Example – Question: What is my mother’s maiden name? Answer: Jones)

*You must enter “Jones” with a capital “J” and lowercase “ones” when you answer the question. 

Option 2: Call Enrollment Services at 903-334-6601, let the staff member know you forgot your Web for Students PIN.  They will then ask you some security questions to confirm that it is truly you on the phone.  Once they have made the confirmation, they will reset your pin back to your six-digit birthdate.  Make sure we have the correct birthdate in our system for you.  You can also stop by our office in the BASS building and we can reset it for you with identification or again answering some security questions.


You have five attempts to login to Web for Students before you will be locked out and prompted to contact Enrollment Services.

22. How do I contact Admissions?

There are three ways you can contact the Admissions Office. You can contact us through email at admissions@tamut.edu, by phone at 903.334.6601, or by stopping by the first floor of the BASS building.

  • 7101 University Ave
  • Texarkana, TX 75503
  • p: 903.223.3000
  • f: 903.223.3104
.Back to Top