After You Are Admitted, What's Next?

Meet TSI Requirements

The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a Texas legislature mandated program for students who attend Texas public institutions of higher education as of fall 2003. The law requires all entering college students to be assessed for college readiness in reading, mathematics and writing unless the student qualifies for an exemption.

Proof Of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination

Submit copy of your immunization record showing proof that you have received the bacterial meningitis vaccine or booster dose to our online student medical records system.

Apply For Financial Aid

If you have not already done so, you are encouraged to apply for financial assistance using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) School Code: 031703.

Apply For Scholarships 

Your admission application will be used as your application for the scholarships offered.

You may apply for all other donor scholarships by completing the General Academic Year Scholarship application online. You are encouraged to apply for outside scholarships to assist you in paying tuition and fees.

Apply For On-Campus Housing

Applications and housing assignments are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You are encouraged to submit the on-campus housing application as soon as possible.

Register For/Attend SOAR

All transfer students are required to register for and attend Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) prior to enrollment. These orientations are offered in January for incoming Spring students, and during the summer months for those students entering in the Summer or Fall semesters. You must be admitted for an upcoming term to be eligible to register.

Complete Your Student File

If you have submitted a transcript with in progress work, please have the Registrar office of that particular university or community college send a FINAL copy of your transcript (showing final grades and GPA) to the Enrollment Services Office.

If you have obtained or will be obtaining any additional college credit through College Level Examination Program (CLEP), please forward the OFFICIAL record to the Enrollment Services Office so that we may add them to your student file.