Housing FAQ's

Frequently Asked Housing Questions

Living on campus can be a fun and rewarding experience.  The Office of Residence Life is here to make sure your home in Bringle Lake Village is comfortable, safe and enjoyable. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at 903-223-1355 or email

Do I have to live on campus?

Exemptions to this requirement may be pursued through the Office of Residence Life.

How are hall and roommate assignments made?

Assignments are based on the date your housing applications is received; an emailed confirmation will be sent to your provided email upon a completed submission. The Office of Residence Life strives to honor specific roommate requests. Such students should attempt to submit applications early, simultaneously, and with the same room style. The Office of Residence Life attempts to meet all roommate requests but we are not able to grant every request.

Who will be in charge of the hall?

Bringle Lake Village houses the Assistant Director of Residence Life, a Senior Resident Assistant, Resident Assistants, and approximately Desk Attendants. The Assistant Director of Residence Life is responsible for supervising hall staff and the daily management of Bringle Lake Village. The Senior Resident Assistant and Resident Assistant staff are upperclassmen who live among their residents and are responsible for hosting programming and offer community assistance. Bringle Lake Village staff provide guidance & support to students 24 hours a day.

When do I need to submit my application and $100 application fee?

Once you submit your housing application online, via Web for Students, you will need to submit your $100 fee. The $100 housing application fee is non-refundable.

Do I get my $100 application fee back?

No, application fee's will not be returned.

When will I get my housing assignment?

We do our best to send out our housing assignments the first week of July, baring the July 4th holiday.

Can I apply for housing before I apply or get admitted to the university?

Unfortunately, we cannot accept housing applications from anyone that has not been admitted to the University. Once you have applied to the University, and have been admitted, your will receive your CWID. Your CWID will grant you access to the housing application via your Web for Students.

Can I stay in Bringle Lake Village (BLV) over a holiday or break?

Students are allowed to stay in BLV over some holidays. All students staying over a break need to sign up via electronic documentation on EagleSync. Since break and holidays nights are not covered in the standard semester rate, there is a fee for staying on-campus when the university is closed. These additional fees per holiday or break will fluctuate depending on the length of the holiday or break and not the length of a student’s stay. Students should also be aware that they may be required to relocate to a designated room for the duration of the break.

Is BLV safe?

We make every effort to create a safe living environment for all residents. Our University Police Officers patrol the campus 24 hours a day, the BLV staff are trained to monitor and report various safety concerns, and throughout the regular school year, the Bringle Lake Village Front Desk is operated by a student staff member 24 hours a day. Emergency procedures are addressed each semester with the residents. Students are encouraged to lock their doors when they’re away from their rooms and should have their student ID on them at all times. Only residents of Bringle Lake Village have access to the building via their student ID card.

We also suggest that students have renters insurance just in case a personal items is broken, becomes lost, or is stolen while they are on campus. We do not have any affiliation or connection with a specific plan or company thus it may be best for students to work with their parents insurance.

What would I do if I got locked out of the residence hall at night?

A resident that loses or misplaces their key or student ID card will be able to contact to a staff member 24 hours a day. An on-call number connects the resident to a resident assistant who is on-call between the hours of 6 pm and 7 am each day and a different BLV staff member from 7 am to 6 pm. The on-call number is posted at the front entrance, front desk, and on each hall bulletin board throughout Bringle Lake Village.

Can I change roommates or halls once I arrive?

There is a two-week housing freeze at the beginning of each semester where no one is allowed to move. After the 12th class day, residents will be allowed to participate in a two-week consolidation period where residents are allowed to move.

Do I have to move all of my items out for Winter Break?

If you are planning on attending TAMUT in the Spring semester, you do not need to move your items out of your room. You have signed an academic year contract for your housing space, thus your items may remain in your room until your final check out in May.

If you do not plan on attending in the Spring semester, please follow all move-out procedures. This will not only be emailed to all BLV residents, but are posted on flyers throughout the building and will be discussed at your wings Fall closing meeting.

If I have any problems, what should I do?

Students are encouraged to contact their Resident Assistant (RA) in their hall. Your RA will be able to assist you.  If you need additional information, you are welcome to contact the Office of Residence Life and we’ll assist you in finding answers or solving problems.


Telephones are available in common areas throughout the hall for on-campus and local phone calls.

May I bring my pet with me?

The only pets allowed in BLV are fish. If you have a Service Animal or an ESA, please contact the Assistant Director of Residence life at to discuss our Service Animal and ESA procedures and documentation. These animals are not allowed in BLV without proper documentation.

Do I have to stay on campus both semesters?

Yes. All housing applications that are submitted will be treated as an academic year contract. Any students wishing to move off campus in the Spring semester will need to turn in an off-campus housing request documentation to the Office of Residence Life no later than four weeks prior to the end of the semester. Students that have not been approved to live off-campus will still be responsible for housing charges for the remainder of the academic year as well as any mandatory events/floor meetings, including check-outs at breaks. Failure to do so could result in additional fines. If a student is breaking a contract they may be subject to a fine up to 10% of the contract.

What does “fully furnished,” mean?

Every student room comes equipped with:

  • Twin XL bed (mattress and frame)
  • Dresser (solid build or stack)
  • Desk with a desk chair
  • Safe (one per each student residing in space)

There are also additional furniture pieces depending on the room style:

  • Bookshelf – Traditional/Studio
  • Common space chairs – Two and Four Bedroom
  • Full Size fridge – Four Bedroom
  • Side table(s) – Two and Four Bedroom

Please note that we do not store any furniture or student belongings.

Who do I contact if something breaks in my room?

You should come to the Front Desk of Bringle Lake Village and submit a Work Order request. You may also reach out to your Resident Assistant or the Assistant Director of Residence Life.

What is the student mailing address?

All student mail may be sent to the University address.

7101 University Ave. - Texarkana, TX, 75503

Please make sure that you have your student’s full name on the item you are mailing. Please do NOT write the students room number as this may lead to USPS delivery confusion. Mailboxes are free to all BLV residents. Please speak with Kathy May, when you arrive on campus, Monday-Friday, to attain a mail box and mail box key.

Where can I pick up my mail? What about larger packages?

Student mailboxes are located on the first floor of the University Center. Students are able to pick up larger packages on campus but will need to discuss where to pick up their items with Kathy May.

How do I connect to the campus WiFi?

Students are able to connect to Campus WiFi by using the following steps:

  • Turn on your phone or laptops WiFi.
  • Select EagleWiFi and open an internet browser.
  • In the address bar, enter “”. This will bring you to a he login page for either guest WiFi or Eagle Secure.
  • If you are a visitor to campus, please use Guest WiFi.
  • From this point on, please follow all CloudPath prompts ot download the proper certificates to activate your phone on our university WiFi.

Smart TV’s, Roku’s, game systems, and other streaming devices may not able to connect to the Campus WiFi. All students needing to connect these items to campus WiFi services will need to submit an Service Desk ticket to IT requesting WiFi access and the devices Wireless MAC Address.

I have a concealed carry license. What do I need to know/do?

We suggest that you speak with the University Police Department regarding campus policies and procedures. BLV offers a safe, per resident in room, for you to house your personal belongings. The resident is also able to change the safes code and/or change the activation to that of a card with a magnetic strip.

Where do I get my parking pass?

Parking passes may be purchased from the Business Office counter in the Building for Academic and Student Success (BASS). You will need your car’s license plate number.