DegreeWorks is your Academic GPS to navigate your way to graduation successfully.

Texas A&M University-Texarkana offers the DegreeWorks Evaluation & Planning System for our degree-auditing and degree-tracking tool.  DegreeWorks is an online program that compares your academic coursework to your major requirements.  You can use it to track your academic progress toward a degree, review the requirements you have satisfied, and plan the courses you can take to complete your remaining requirements.

Students are encouraged to review their DegreeWorks plan often, especially before registration each semester, to ensure they are registering for the correct courses and to ensure the university has the correct degree information on file.

Students can also use DegreeWorks to conduct "what if" analysis to see how the courses they have taken fit into a different major.

DegreeWorks provides an online audit of your progress toward a specific degree. With  DegreeWorks  you can see:

  • Courses and credit hours earned as applied toward your degree program
  • Catalog requirements in effect when you choose a major
  • All requirements necessary to receive a specific degree
  • Transfer credits used to satisfy degree requirements
  • Courses for which you are currently registered (listed as in-progress or 'IP')
  • Elective courses that do not apply to specific degree requirements, but do apply toward overall earned hours and cumulative GPA
  • Your 3 crucial GPA’s for Graduation: Overall, Institutional & Major

DegreeWorks does not take the place of seeing your academic and faculty advisors.  DegreeWorks is a tool used to assist you and your advisor in planning your academic future on the road to graduation.

DegreeWorks FAQ's

Who can use DegreeWorks?

All currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students who attend Texas A&M University-Texarkana can use DegreeWorks.  If you are an undergraduate, to generate a degree audit, you must be enrolled in a catalog year beginning Fall 2010 and forward. Graduates can generate audits beginning in catalog year Fall 2011 and forward.

What is DegreeWorks?

DegreeWorks is a web based planning tool to help students and advisors monitor student's progress toward degree completion.  However, DegreeWorks, is not a substitution for consultation with an academic advisor or faculty advisor.  It will show you in an easy to read format, the courses that you must complete to achieve your degree.

When should I look at my degree audit?

The degree audit should be viewed at least at these times:

  1. Prior to meeting with an advisor
  2. Prior to registering for courses
  3. At the beginning of each new term
  4. At the end of each term
  5. Prior to applying for graduation
  6. After any changes to major, minor, concentration, or plan of study

Where can I access degree work?

DegreeWorks is located in your Web for Students account under Student Records. 

How is DegreeWorks different from the degree audit program or paper plans we previously used (CAPP)?

DegreeWorks is more user friendly, it is easier to read, and allows for better communication between the advisor and student.  Furthermore, it has several tools including GPA calculators, and notes section.  Lastly, it allows for more accurate display of required coursework.

What should I do if my major, minor, or concentration is wrong?

Please contact the Registrar’s Office at, they will be able to assist you with changing this information. 

Who should I contact if the requirements on DegreeWorks do not match the catalog?

Did you troubleshoot to ensure that you are looking at the correct catalog year? Some programs change from year to year.  If you find that your catalog is incorrect, contact the Registrar’s office.

Although we strongly believe that this should not be a problem because we have formatted it directly from the catalogs, in this unlikely circumstance, you may contact the Office of the Registrar via sending correspondence to the email .

Transfer work is not showing or is in the incorrect place, who can correct this?

Double check with the Registrar’s Office to ensure that they have received transcripts with the most up-to-date information.   They are responsible for transcripts and will be able to assist you with this problem.

My graduation application has been accepted, but DegreeWorks says that I haven’t completed all my requirements. Does this mean that I won’t be able to graduate?

No, you may still be eligible to graduate.  Identify which areas are unmet on DegreeWorks and ensure that you have already completed them.  If you have completed the requirements and they still are not met, contact the Registrar’s office. All completed items will have a green checkmark.

How is my transcript different from my degree evaluation?

The transcript is an official document which displays only courses from completed terms. The DegreeWorks evaluation includes courses that are required for your degree, courses you are currently enrolled in, and courses which you have already taken. This document is not an official document, but a guide to help you reach your ultimate goal of graduation.

How does DegreeWorks decide where to place courses that I’ve completed?

We have programmed information into DegreeWorks that helps it to determine where to place the courses that you have taken.  If there are any courses in the wrong place, or any that are expected to apply in different areas, you advisor can help you to correct this problem.

Can a single course appear in multiple places?

This depends on the program; we have already set rules that will allow for multiple use of a single course.  

What should I do if DegreeWorks placed a course in one section and I want to use it in another?

DegreeWorks will move the classes to the most appropriate fit as you complete them.  So, if it pulls it into the wrong place do not panic.  When you take the class you expected to satisfy that requirement, the system will adjust them to help you complete your degree the most efficient way possible.  You can contact the Registrar’s office for more assistance.

I earned an Associate’s Degree before I came to Texas A&M University-Texarkana. How does this appear on my worksheet?

Transferred courses are coded in the admissions process and should pull directly where applicable.  If this is not the case, be sure the Registrar’s office has the most updated transcript. 

Are there requirements for graduation that DegreeWorks doesn’t check?

All requirements for graduation will appear on DegreeWorks with the exception of the Comprehensive Exam requirement for some Graduate Programs.  However, final clearance is still made through the Graduation Specialist and the Registrar’s Office.

Where can I find my Grade-Point Average (GPA) on DegreeWorks?

Your major GPA is a calculated GPA based on coursework used to fulfill the major requirements.  This GPA will appear within the blue bar of the major block requirements of your DegreeWorks audit.   Your overall GPA and Institutional GPAs are found in the first area titled Student View along with your name, Classification, Advisors name, Academic standing, etc. 

Can I make a petition to substitute a course.

Any petition, substitution, or other exception to the degree plan is referred to as an “exception”.  These must be submitted directly from  the faculty advisor with Dean’s approval to the Registrar’s office.

How will exceptions work with DegreeWorks?

After the exception is made by the advisor, it must be approved by the dean and delivered to the Registrar’s office.  The Registrar’s office will then process the substitution and  it will show up in your degree evaluation.

My department gave me permission to take different courses for my major, but that’s not shown… Why?

Your advisor needs to submit the necessary substitution request to the Registrar’s office before your degree evaluation will show correctly.

I’m considering a major change, how can I see what I would still need to take?

Use the “What If” tab.  If you decide that you really want to change the major, you would need to visit the advisor of the major to which you want to switch and submit a Change of Major request to the Registrar’s office.

How do I check to see if I’m eligible for a minor?

First check the Catalog, it will tell if you can take a minor.  A second option would be to contact your advisor.  If a minor is required, the degree evaluation will specifically say that a minor is required.

My major requires me to complete a concentration area, but it didn’t appear on the audit. What’s wrong?

You need to notify the Registrar’s office to declare the concentration at .

What happens when I repeat a course?

If you repeat a course, only the latest course counts towards your degree requirements.  The previously taken course will show to be excluded and it will not count for, nor should it pull into the areas in your evaluation.   However, this does not happen until the end of the term.

How can I see the descriptions for all the courses in my program?

Most should already be linked to the catalog; if they are not, you need to visit the online catalogs.

I’ve seen the @ symbol in several places on my worksheet. What does this mean?

This is a wild card in DegreeWorks.  If the @ sign appears with course numbers after it (i.e., @ 300:499), it means that you can take a 300-499 level course from any subject area.  If it appears after a subject prefix (i.e., HIST @), it means that you can take any History course.  If it appears with nothing following, you can take any course from any area and any level (within your undergraduate or graduate level).

How current is my information in DegreeWorks?

The information in DegreeWorks is refreshed nightly.  Changes made today will be viewable in DegreeWorks tomorrow. DegreeWorks is at times refreshed sooner.

I am currently repeating a course, why are both courses showing on my evaluation?

Repeated courses will not replace prior courses until the end of the semester.

Who should I contact if I still have questions?

First, you need to contact your academic or faculty advisor. Beyond that, you may send an email to the Registrar’s office at .